Intro to Surface Design
Intro to the course
Understanding that many tradesmen are usually very busy, and training time is at a premium, we have made sure that we can deliver all that you need as a beginner within a ‘4-day intensive course’.
This will give you a good understanding and knowledge of the product range, with the confidence to take on your own projects. We have all the tools that we recommend you use when applying a finish, which means you can leave the course ready to take up a polished plaster job right away.
The course will be relaxed and fun as we all learn how to apply these finishes. While not easy, the work does build upon your existing skills as a plasterer. Getting it right can be challenging, if it was easy more people would do it, but we are here to help every step of the way.
What you will learn
- You will learn the theory behind each product/finish from the correct primers to use through to the various options with wax finishes.
- You will learn about which surfaces are best for certain situations.
- Learn which products are best suited to bathrooms.
- You will work on your own sample boards, learning how to apply layers.
- Practice with Marmorino in various finishes and styles.
- You will have your own work booth, applying to walls, ceiling, internal and external corners.
- You can take with you your sample boards to show prospective clients.
- You will leave with a wealth of information in a pack.
- We offer ongoing support, as well as specialist products and advanced training courses.
The course is structured so that the attendees get the most effective learning they can, course numbers are restricted to 6. We supply refreshments during breaks, and have an ethos that ‘no question is a bad question’, so encourage teamwork and discussion.
- 4 day course, 10am-4pm.
- Tea, coffee and lunch is provided.
- Best Italian materials imported from Venice used for training.
- We supply all the tools and boards you need for the training course.
- We offer (at additional cost) all the tools to set up your own polished plaster ‘kit’.
The cost of the ‘Introduction to Surface Design’ workshop and
everything it comes with is just £1000. This represents great value for a course in such a high end product.
"... you won’t leave disappointed"
I have now been on 3 different courses at Stucco & Stucco and everyone of them has got better and better! Andy Robinson’s experience and knowledge is inspirational to say the least. I would recommend Stucco & Stucco to anyone, you won’t leave disappointed that’s for sure.
"I learnt so much..."
The 5-day course at Stucco & Stucco was amazing! Andy is a real talented and passionate guy, and that reflects in the course! I learnt so much during the 5 days from the practical side to branding, marketing and the business side! Can't thank Andy enough! Highly Recommended.
" I can’t thank them enough..."
Andy and Kevin came to my new build to work on an entrance hall double height wall for me. I can honestly say that when they had finished I was so happy with the result it made me cry. They are truly artists and dedicated to producing unique pieces of artwork that will last and be loved for many many years. I can’t thank them enough. Amazing.
"An excellent service..."
After visiting Andy at his showroom I can see why his training courses have become very popular in Yorkshire. I was looking at an alternative finish for a piece of furniture we had. With different finishes and colours Andy made various samples so we could see first hand. An excellent service and an even better finished product which now has pride of place in our room. Thanks.
"Can't speak highly enough..."
Fantastic product , service and workmanship . A classy outfit from start to finish ! Andy really does know his stuff and the unique finishes he does will wow anyone from Architects to hotel or home owners. We had a feature wall done in our house and a fire place too and they add the wow factor without a doubt . Can't speak highly enough
The choices and colours I could pick from were endless, and the only problem I had was deciding which i liked best. I Now have a brilliant feature in my living room that all my friends and family are jealous of. I recommend Stucco & Stucco 100% and it was a pleasure dealing with them from start to finish