Advanced Surface Design
Intro to the course
This course is aimed at those that have already completed our 4 day intro course, are familiar with Novacolor products and wish to move on to the more advanced application techniques and finishes typical of what Stucco & Stucco create on their installs.
We encourage creativity with the products, explore different ideas, refine our skills with various tools and techniques. The course will include some of the following techniques, blending, layering, stencilling, stippled finishes, antique aged effects, dragged, smooth, matte, polished, oxidation, metallics, waxing and artwork.
The course content will stay current with upcoming market trends, generally we work with Marmorino KS, creating textured, blended, layered finishes making them truly unique and bespoke. We will explore and work with many of the Novacolor products, giving you fresh ideas of how to work and create.
What you will learn
- You will learn the theory behind applying a very specific technique; stencilling, logos, blending and layering etc.
- You will learn how to create ‘looks’ like aging and patina.
- You will learn which products match a company’s branding and how that fits into their installations.
- Applying multiple coatings and colours for say, blending as a an example.
- Stencilling or similar advanced techniques in situ within a booth.
- Apply a number of advanced techniques to sample boards.
- You can take with you your sample boards to show prospective clients.
- You will have an artwork piece to take away.
- We offer ongoing support, as well as specialist products training courses.
We only have places for 4 people on each course, keeping the group small means more 1-2-1 and focused learning. On the course you will create 12 sample boards to take away and also complete walls and a ceiling in our booths. We supply refreshments during breaks, and have an ethos that ‘no question is a bad question’, so encourage teamwork and discussion.
- Course timings 4 days – 10am to 4pm.
- Tea, coffee and lunch is provided.
- Best Italian materials imported from Venice used for training.
- We supply all the tools and boards you need for the training course.
- We offer (at additional cost) all the tools to set up your own polished plaster ‘kit’.
The cost of the ‘Advanced Surface Design Workshop’ workshop and
everything it comes with is just £1000. This represents great value for a course in such a high end product.
"... you won’t leave disappointed"
I have now been on 3 different courses at Stucco & Stucco and everyone of them has got better and better! Andy Robinson’s experience and knowledge is inspirational to say the least. I would recommend Stucco & Stucco to anyone, you won’t leave disappointed that’s for sure.
"I learnt so much..."
The 5-day course at Stucco & Stucco was amazing! Andy is a real talented and passionate guy, and that reflects in the course! I learnt so much during the 5 days from the practical side to branding, marketing and the business side! Can't thank Andy enough! Highly Recommended.
" I can’t thank them enough..."
Andy and Kevin came to my new build to work on an entrance hall double height wall for me. I can honestly say that when they had finished I was so happy with the result it made me cry. They are truly artists and dedicated to producing unique pieces of artwork that will last and be loved for many many years. I can’t thank them enough. Amazing.
"An excellent service..."
After visiting Andy at his showroom I can see why his training courses have become very popular in Yorkshire. I was looking at an alternative finish for a piece of furniture we had. With different finishes and colours Andy made various samples so we could see first hand. An excellent service and an even better finished product which now has pride of place in our room. Thanks.
"Can't speak highly enough..."
Fantastic product , service and workmanship . A classy outfit from start to finish ! Andy really does know his stuff and the unique finishes he does will wow anyone from Architects to hotel or home owners. We had a feature wall done in our house and a fire place too and they add the wow factor without a doubt . Can't speak highly enough
The choices and colours I could pick from were endless, and the only problem I had was deciding which i liked best. I Now have a brilliant feature in my living room that all my friends and family are jealous of. I recommend Stucco & Stucco 100% and it was a pleasure dealing with them from start to finish